Exercise Part I

Go down

Exercise Part I

Post  Admin on April 21st 2011, 3:23 pm

First off, when you exercise, your body will thank you!

Lifting weights-even small ones-is a good way to make your muscles stronger. It also increases bone density, which is especially important for older adults.

Aside from that, Your bathroom scale will thank you.

Simply put, being more active burns calories.
Being active may also lower your percentage of body fat and increase muscle strength and tone. The plus side of exercising regularly, is that your body burns more calories even when you're resting.

Your heart will thank you.

The more active you are, the better your heart works. You're less likely to get many of the diseases that can shorten your life.

Let's put this into perspective, here is a list of the leading causes of death in the United States:

1. Heart disease
2. Cancer
3. Stroke
4. Chronic lower respiratory diseases
5. Accidents (unintentional injuries)
6. Alzheimer's disease
7. Diabetes

This means that odds most of us will at some point die from one of these things.
Guess which of these can be prevented by exercising?

ANSWER: Heart disease, cancer, stroke, Alzheimer's disease, and diabetes.

So It turns out that being a couch potato can actually kill you- like playing video games for hours. That being said, physical activity is absolutely critical for our health.

And according to studies, it turns out that it doesn't take an enormous amount of physical activity to achieve health-enhancing results. A mere 30 minutes a day of walking, swimming, jogging, cycling or other cardiovascular exercise can have great positive health effects.

But it seems that exercising is still a low priority for many. People ask, how can I avoid all of these diseases without actually having to do the exercises? Is there a way that I can get the benefits of this physical exercise without having to move my body? And the answer to that is simply, no.

Even though we know exercise is critical for everyone, it is even MORE helpful for some than others. So let me ask you, is it more important for guys to exercise or girls?
ANSWER: girls!

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://ivteenalliance.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down